Front of House Co-Ordinator/Manager, Mallow Golf Club – Full-Time
Mallow Golf Club, established in 1947, is an 18hole parkland course with spectacular views of surrounding mountains and sweeping countryside. The course has been awarded ‘Hidden Gem’ in 2016 and 2020.
Mallow Golf Club currently has a vacancy for a Front of House Co-Ordinator/Manager
Location: Mallow Golf Club, Ballyellis, Mallow, Co. Cork.
Reporting to: The Board of Management of Mallow Golf Club
We require a Front of House Co-Ordinator/Manager who will be responsible for delivering an efficient food and beverage service to members and guests of Mallow Golf Club while also maintaining a clean and presentable clubhouse. The successful candidate can expect to work in a vibrant sports club environment and become a key player in the day-to-day operations of Mallow Golf Club.
The main tasks and duties will include the following
- Providing leadership, guidance, and motivation to the catering, waiting, bar, and housekeeping teams
- Creating systems, procedures and setting standards for the teams.
- Liaising between the chef, the kitchen team, and the bar team.
- Communicating regularly with The Board of Management
- Ensuring that the bar service is efficient and professional
- Instilling in staff, the importance of professional service and heightened customer awareness
- Taking ownership of the teams’ working schedules/rosters; endeavouring to provide the optimum staff cover for the business. Developing a fair work schedule for staff and keeping within labour budgets.
- Training and upskilling staff in all aspects of their positions.
The Front of House Manger will be expected to be hands on as the business dictates. They will be an active member of the team and will be included in the weekly rosters. The hours of work will entail evening shifts, weekends, and bank holidays.
- Effective organisational skills
- A skilled communicator and negotiator
- Polite, hospitable, and perceptive to the needs of members, guests, and work colleagues
- Ability to work under pressure
- Leader, mentor, and motivator.
- Team Player and contributor to Mallow Golf Club
- Take pride in work, keen to excel.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- An interest is sport, particularly golf and tennis, would be desirable
Qualifications & Experience
QQI level 5/ 6 Certificate in food and beverage or hospitality operations or a similar qualification,
3 years or more experience in a similar role
Knowledge/qualifications in HACCP, Food Safety and Safety in the Workplace.
Salary will be negotiable and dependent on the experience that the candidate has to offer Mallow Golf Club.
Golf and Tennis facilities are available to employees through the club’s pre booking system.
Access to onsite parking.
Please apply with your CV and Cover Letter to,
Mallow Golf Club firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph: 022 21145
Closing Date for applications is Friday 15th October 2021